Montréal, May 9, 2023 – On the occasion of the Montréal 2023 Climate Summit, Low Carbon Cities Canada (LC3) is announcing major support from the McConnell Foundation and the Trottier Family Foundation, two leading Canadian philanthropic foundations, for a total amount of $12 million.
This past year has been a critical one for LC3, as the network completed foundational work on multiple fronts and advanced activities on both the local and National levels. The LC3 Network is well and truly launched. Here are the highlights.
How can municipalities leverage their authority and community connections to accelerate ZEV uptake? And which programs and policies should they prioritize?
Based on extensive modelling of municipal ZEV strategies coast-to-coast, LC3 and the Green Municipal Fund (GMF) co-created this guide with Dunsky Energy + Climate Advisors to identify and prioritize the highest-impact municipal actions for electrifying how people, goods and services move around.
Metro Vancouver’s LC3 Centre, ZEIC, launched an innovative program that aims to reduce the embodied carbon in new home builds by 40%, coinciding with the City of Vancouver’s target to reduce embodied emissions by 40% by 2030. Learn how ZEIC and ZEBx are gathering expertese from collaborators and researchers to reduce embodied carbon emissions in BC.
LC3’s Theory of Change (ToC) illustrates the impact that the LC3 Network aims to achieve, the process through which we intend to work towards that impact, and the underlying assumptions. The ToC clarifies LC3’s unique role within a broader ecosystem of stakeholders, change agents, and the communities it serves, and identifies how these stakeholders have a role to play to achieve LC3’s vision for Canadian communities.
Enter the Multi-Solving Challenge Game. The idea of a game was born out of collaboration among The Atmospheric Fund, Low Carbon Cities Canada, and the Centre For Social Innovation, all of whom were interested in new approaches that could make hard-hitting low-carbon action more relevant to more people.
National News Releases
- A significant philanthropic contribution for the LC3 Network-May 9 2023 (opens in a new tab)
- Low Carbon Cities Canada (LC3) network enters implementation phase following establishment of seven local centres (opens in a new tab)
- GMF Council announces new committee to advise on Low Carbon Cities Canada (opens in a new tab)
- New investments through FCM will deliver results for Canadians (opens in a new tab)
Centre’s News Releases
- Climate Innovation Fund (CIF) News (opens in a new tab)
- Greater Montreal Climate Fund (GMCF) News (opens in a new tab)
- Halifax Climate Investment Innovation and Impact Fund (HCi3) News (opens in a new tab)
- Ottawa Climate Action Fund (OCAF) News (opens in a new tab)
- The Atmospheric Fund (TAF) News (opens in a new tab)
- Metro Vancouver Zero Emission Innovation Centre (ZEIC) News (opens in a new tab)